Social media is no longer just the fad it was when it started over a decade ago. It has become a global standard that everyone has turned to, including businesses and corporations.
Social media managers and digital marketers are now hot commodities for industries. Most companies have turned to them for help with their online presence. Whether you’re in Miami, Philadelphia, or Utah, an SEO consultant is working hard to draw up relevant data for your online marketing campaign.
What is Social Media Management?
By definition, social media management is the process of managing your online presence and content across several different channels. It is more than just posting content, as there are several factors involved. It includes a lot of creating, planning, scheduling, analyzing, and interacting to reach new markets or improve and maintain reputation.
What are the best social media platforms for my business?
There are a lot of reputable social media channels your company can utilize. It is best to identify which ones you are considering in order to come up with more efficient strategies. Here are some of the best platforms to use:
- Facebook. There are nearly 2.7 billion active monthly users on Facebook with well-balanced demographics (gender, age, ethnicity, etc.). If you want your business to have a wider reach, consider using this channel.
- Instagram. IG’s audience is mostly dominated by a younger demographic, with a higher female percentage. Brands related to fashion, art, lifestyle, and other visual-focused businesses can fully utilize this platform to their advantage.
- Twitter. This channel is a good avenue to go to for news and trends, making it ideal for brands that want to engage in trending topics. With over 321 million users daily, it’s a great place to share your business with influencers and users who might find value in your brand.
- LinkedIn. B2B brands usually turn to LinkedIn when looking to connect with businesses from other industries.
- YouTube. As the second-largest search engine in the world (next to Google), uploading meaningful and relevant video content on YouTube can help you connect and engage with your audience and target market.
- Pinterest. This is another great platform for image-focused content. Brands that have to do with crafts, home improvement, DIY, fitness, nutrition, fashion, and a lot more can utilize this space to boost their online presence.
Why do I need to develop a social media strategy?
Know your target market. Study those metrics. Set SMART goals. Know your competition. Find out where you stand. With these things in mind, developing the right social media strategy that’s best for your company can help you set the right goals and draw up steps to achieving them.
A strategy guides your actions and keeps you on course. It helps you keep track of whether you’re still doing good or are already diverting from your goals. The more specific the strategy, the more effective the execution. When properly executed, it will lead to your desired results.
There are close to 3.5 billion people on this planet that have daily access to different social media platforms. If you do not have a relevant social media presence, you’re missing out on a big piece of the pie. The influence that social media has is one that should be taken seriously if you want to grow and expand your business reach.